2006年8月21日

First Thing First - My New Toy


Yes, another new toy. I want to get a 17-55 range of lens for my digital camera for quite a while. 17-55 is kind of translated to 24-70 for my 20D. And it's the range I use most.

After looking for quite a while, there are 2 lens that fit my requirement. 1 from Canon. The other from Tamron. The latter is slightly sharper. But Canon has USM and image stablizer. And the major difference is Canon is $5K more expensive!!!

So, what I have now is an aim. $5K difference. I told myself if I can make 1/2 of that through the stock market, I will buy the Canon. The main reason why I don't pick Tamron is that I have a lot of non-Canon lens. They're cheap, and useable. But I don't like the phoots they produce. I'm afraid that Tamron will be another one of them. So, lucky me, I bought the new Canon 17-55 f/2.8 USM IS last Friday.

The first one I got has got some dust inside the lens. So, I went back and got a replacement. The lens itself is HK$7,900. The filter is crazily expensive. $750!!! Anyway, although I haven't taken a lot of proper photos, the snapshots I took in Central are amazing. The colour is crispy, and the image is very sharp. After looking at those, I feel bad with the photos I took before. It's such a waste of those beautiful scenery.

My friend asked me whether it's necessary to have f/2.8 and IS for such range. But on Saturday night, I took a photo of Cody, my friend's chocolate lab in a complete darkeness (almost). It's so dark that I need to do manual focus! f/2.8, ISO3200, 1/4 sec! And the photo is still acceptable. Lovely.

But what makes me happier is taking a photo of Kay Tse after her drama performance on Sunday afternoon. To be continued... Ha!

沒有留言:

張貼留言