2009年1月21日

Mo La La Dor Dat Lar

First of all, I am really amazed by the facilities in Sanatorium hospital.  I have my own Touchscreen LCD TV computer terminal, which hang down from the wall.  That's why I can type my blog now!  Too bad they don't have Q9, or I can type it Chinese!

It all started on Sunday night.  After the meal with the family, I didn't feel well on the stomach.  At first, I thought it's the bad fried oyster I ate.  So, I just ignored it.

The next day, the tummy was still in pain.  But I drove Jayson to his grandma place as usual.  On my way back, I felt kind of dizzy.  But that's quite usual due to lack of sleep.  So, after parking the car, I rode on MTR back to work.

I don't know if it's lucky or unlucky, I got a seat in the MTR.  Then I fell asleep immediately.  When I woke up, I missed my stop and reached Admiralty.  So, I stepped out to catch another train back.  As soon as I stepped out, the dizziness got stronger.  Without much thought, I took off in Causeway Bay, and changed to a taxi back home and rest.

Resting for a couple of hours didn't seem to help.  It's so painful that I could not sleep at all.  So, I went down to see a doctor myself.  The doctor believed that it was the bad foods I ate.  So, just give me an injection, some painkillers and something like Imodium.

When I got back home, I felt kind of strange.  The pain should have gone away in 15-20 min according to the doctor.  But I still felt quite bad.  So, I took the painkiller.  At the afternoon, the fever started.  I was shivering in bed like I were naked in North Pole.  Julie was very nice to accompany me all the way.  I took another painkiller and I was able to sleep later.

As my Master came home earlier to see me, she took my temperture.  And we still thought it's the bad food trapped inside my body, as I could not go to the toilet.  So, we planned to see another doctor the next day.

Yesterday morning, the fever was gone.  The pain was not that bad if I didn't move.  But we still went to see this doctor recommended by my sis-in-law.  As soon as he pressed my tummy, he said it's appendicitis.

He gave me 2 choices: private or public hospital.  He had the same operation eariler.  He said if not done properly, especially if the appendix was burst, doing it in public hospital can be quite risky.  Since I got some insurance coverage anyway, I was admitted to the Sanatorium immediately.
11pm we receached my room.  The room is very nice.  6 people in the room.  But I don't get the window bed which can oversee the race track.  And most important of all, a lot of pretty nurses here.  He...He...

I needed to do a CT scan to confirm that I had appendicitis.  I had to drink 4 glasses of indicator fluid for the scan, which tasted really bad!  After the scan, it's confirmed that it is appendicitis.  By that time, it was about 4pm.  The fever causes a bad headache.  I felt really bad.  Although my Master always says that I am good at magnifying my pain or aka : "small pain enlarge to greatest", it really hurt.

The doctor finally came to see me around 6pm.  He had booked the operating theatre at 8pm.  He said he would perform minimally invasive surgery to remove my appendix.  By drilling 3 small holes, the recovery would be faster.

I wasn't too nervous about the operation.  If it had to be done, it had to be done.  But it did feel bad being pushed down to the operating theatre.  It did feel bad to know that there may be a chance I could not wake up.  But anyway, could not really worry too much at that time.

There are a lot of nurses doing things on me.  As soon as the doctor came in, I was put to sleep.  By the time I woke up, I was being pushed back to my room.  Really amazing.  It is as if an important 1.5 hours of my life gone missing in the dark.

When I opened my eyes, greeting me were my Master and Ardy.  Really happy to see their faces.  The doctor said it's lucky that the appendix was not burst.  So, it's not very messy inside.  But still need to eat some medicine and monitor the fever.  If it is ok, I can be discharged on Thursday.

At the moment, the bigger hole under my belly button hurts most.  And I am still waiting for my first meal in the past 2 days.   I miss Jayson a lot.  He has been staying in his grandma place for the past 2 nights.  Hope that he won't get angry at us.  I will kiss him 1,000,000 times when I get out.

Finally, thanks for all the friends who care about me.  It's really appreciated.  THANKS!!!



~ Lindberg

52 則留言:

  1. HinHinMami上午8:00

    Glad to hear that everything is smooth. Take a good rest, hope to see you & Jayson in the class very soon!

    回覆刪除
  2. 希望你早日康復快d回家休息..上次我爸都去左醫院做左手術..不過佢咁大年紀都好快無事..你係節瓜俠個老豆就更係好快無事.

    節瓜俠住係祖母度更係唔會嬲你啦...傻瓜..快d休息多d啦..

    回覆刪除
  3. 咁冇左條盲腸, 係唔係以後都唔會盲腸炎架喇?

    回覆刪除
  4. Ballzai上午8:00

    Get well soon... :P

    回覆刪除
  5. Take more rest and you will recover in no time lar... :) Glad to see you are recovering...

    回覆刪除
  6. 又會o甘突然既﹐果然系急性

    希望早日康復﹐出來過新年呀

    回覆刪除
  7. 好好休息啦,唔好掛住同D姑娘傾計。:D

    回覆刪除
  8. 祝早日康復!

    蘿白糕角仔金莎等緊你!

    回覆刪除
  9. wingwing上午8:00

    你好有appendicitis的symptom ,不過好多人以前腸痛, 廷誤了,好在唔穿,不然就麻煩了 !

    小心身體啊 ! 而家手術好方便,很快好番啊 !

    回覆刪除
  10. 曦曦媽上午8:00

    私家醫院護士真係靚d?!! 咁貴d都抵啦呵... haha...

    休息多d啦, 唔好成日掛住睇靚女~ 希望你早日康復~~ 好快就龍精虎猛~~

    回覆刪除
  11. Get well soon .. didn't know that till I read the blog... OMG ...
    Take care!!

    回覆刪除
  12. Greetings from St. Teresa's; as luck would have it, I had the gallstone removed from the common bile duct earlier today, but won't be discharged till Sat. I don't have web surfing terminals here, but luckily I've got my Wind netbook with you along with Ronnie's SmarTone HSDPA USB stick...

    回覆刪除
  13. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    HinHinMami :

    Glad to hear that everything is smooth. Take a good rest, hope to see you & Jayson in the class very soon!
    Yeah. Hope to see you on Saturday!

    回覆刪除
  14. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    JO :

    希望你早日康復快d回家休息..上次我爸都去左醫院做左手術..不過佢咁大年紀都好快無事..你係節瓜俠個老豆就更係好快無事.節瓜俠住係祖母度更係唔會嬲你啦...傻瓜..快d休息多d啦..
    Good for your father! Hope that he is doing alright now. Thanks!

    回覆刪除
  15. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    Koko :

    咁冇左條盲腸, 係唔係以後都唔會盲腸炎架喇?
    I believe it won't gwa....

    回覆刪除
  16. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    Ballzai :

    Get well soon... :P
    Thanks!

    回覆刪除
  17. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    Ardy :

    Take more rest and you will recover in no time lar... :) Glad to see you are recovering...
    Thanks for coming to visit me!

    回覆刪除
  18. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    熙媽 :

    又會o甘突然既﹐果然系急性希望早日康復﹐出來過新年呀
    Should be ok la. Thanks!

    回覆刪除
  19. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    郭生 :

    好好休息啦,唔好掛住同D姑娘傾計。:D
    That is quite difficult. They keep asking me questions!

    回覆刪除
  20. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    Can :

    祝早日康復!蘿白糕角仔金莎等緊你!
    Don't tempt me please!

    回覆刪除
  21. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    wingwing :

    你好有appendicitis的symptom ,不過好多人以前腸痛, 廷誤了,好在唔穿,不然就麻煩了 !小心身體啊 ! 而家手術好方便,很快好番啊 !
    Yeah. Lucky that it's not burst. Or else, it'd really be messy.

    回覆刪除
  22. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    曦曦媽 :

    私家醫院護士真係靚d?!! 咁貴d都抵啦呵... haha...休息多d啦, 唔好成日掛住睇靚女~ 希望你早日康復~~ 好快就龍精虎猛~~
    Actually, most of them have mask on. That's why they all look beautiful. HAHAHA!

    回覆刪除
  23. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    Elma :

    Get well soon .. didn't know that till I read the blog... OMG ...

    Take care!!
    I am fine la. Thank you!

    回覆刪除
  24. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    Fred :

    Greetings from St. Teresa's; as luck would have it, I had the gallstone removed from the common bile duct earlier today, but won't be discharged till Sat. I don't have web surfing terminals here, but ...
    HAHAHA! I've heard that from Ronnie. I think we are more painful without the gadgets.

    回覆刪除
  25. 點我上住咗四日和半私房都無LEE D備!

    回覆刪除
  26. 仲有阿!見唔到仔女個心情真是好慘咖!好似我每次出差離開香港都好掛著家人!希望你盡快康服

    回覆刪除
  27. 無睇幾日,做嘜攪成咁呀!?好好休息,早日康復!!!!!

    回覆刪除
  28. meow meow上午8:00

    想問問你前後痛左幾耐至做手術呢? 因為我以前都試過, 好痛架wor...

    anyways, get well soon

    回覆刪除
  29. 貓奴Patsy上午8:00

    你都好野啦~ 住緊院都寫到blog~
    祝你快d好返~

    回覆刪除
  30. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    熙爸 :

    點我上住咗四日和半私房都無LEE D備!


    我住新裝修嗰層喎,當然唔同啲啦!

    回覆刪除
  31. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    熙爸 :

    仲有阿!見唔到仔女個心情真是好慘咖!好似我每次出差離開香港都好掛著家人!希望你盡快康服


    我都好掛住 Jayson。今晚終於可以見到佢啦!

    回覆刪除
  32. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    boosaa :

    無睇幾日,做嘜攪成咁呀!?好好休息,早日康復!!!!!


    真係世事變幻冇常呀!身體健康真係最重要!

    回覆刪除
  33. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    meow meow :

    想問問你前後痛左幾耐至做手術呢? 因為我以前都試過, 好痛架wor...

    anyways, get well soon


    我痛咗一整日,第一日食咗好多止痛藥。第二日要知出事。

    回覆刪除
  34. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    貓奴Patsy :

    你都好野啦~ 住緊院都寫到blog~

    祝你快d好返~


    勁呢?
    多謝!

    回覆刪除
  35. QQ 媽咪上午8:00

    早日康復﹗得閑多D休息﹐唔好掛住上網啦﹗

    回覆刪除
  36. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    QQ 媽咪 :

    早日康復﹗得閑多D休息﹐唔好掛住上網啦﹗


    知道啦!多謝!

    回覆刪除
  37. 果然好勤力寫BLOG!!

    出左冊都唔好咁大動作呀!
    JAYSON都好掛住你架一定!快D返佢食左佢落肚啦!

    回覆刪除
  38. 做左手術就好啦, 至少唔洗再陰陰痛唔知咩事先啦
    點解你會有種感覺係合上眼未必有機會再張開呢? 我唔會有咁既感覺, 就算生仔咁大件事都腦袋空白一篇...邊有咁易, 有排你推呀, 仔都未大你就諗d咁既野...

    回覆刪除
  39. Emilili上午8:00

    記得介口呀 !! 仲有抱jayson時要小心D, 一陣整親個傷口就麻煩~~
    p.s. 好心你學下打中文啦!! 哈哈哈~~

    回覆刪除
  40. 快d好返過新年丫!

    回覆刪除
  41. 早日康復!!
    等入手術室o既時候係最緊張...我比人推入lift 時已經驚定先 (我諗起自己生仔o既時候...)

    回覆刪除
  42. 早日康復呀!

    記得 唔好甘為食 戒口戒口戒口!

    回覆刪除
  43. If my memory serves me right, this is the 2nd time you have a serious "accident". The first time was the time you had a serious fell AKA "Pok Guy" during your high school year. After that fell, you were babysitted by your nanny and was served with special homemade lunch for a long long time. Let's see this time how your "master" is gonna take care of you. Get well soon and be more cautious with your food selection.

    回覆刪除
  44. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    白雪 :

    果然好勤力寫BLOG!!

    出左冊都唔好咁大動作呀!

    JAYSON都好掛住你架一定!快D返佢食左佢落肚啦!


    喺醫院冇野做呀嘛!

    回覆刪除
  45. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    Maggie :

    做左手術就好啦, 至少唔洗再陰陰痛唔知咩事先啦

    點解你會有種感覺係合上眼未必有機會再張開呢? 我唔會有咁既感覺, 就算生仔咁大件事都腦袋空白一篇...邊有咁易, 有排你推呀, 仔都未大你就諗d咁既野...


    咁係有咁嘅可能性㗎嘛!

    回覆刪除
  46. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    Emilili :

    記得介口呀 !! 仲有抱jayson時要小心D, 一陣整親個傷口就麻煩~~

    p.s. 好心你學下打中文啦!! 哈哈哈~~


    邊抱得起佢呀!

    回覆刪除
  47. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    kimkim :

    快d好返過新年丫!


    一定!

    回覆刪除
  48. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    BEE :

    早日康復!!

    等入手術室o既時候係最緊張...我比人推入lift 時已經驚定先 (我諗起自己生仔o既時候...)


    我都係咁感覺。入到去就好快瞓著咗。哈哈哈…

    回覆刪除
  49. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    小勒 :

    早日康復呀!

    記得 唔好甘為食 戒口戒口戒口!


    好難忍口忍口忍口…

    回覆刪除
  50. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    Chow :

    If my memory serves me right, this is the 2nd time you have a serious "accident". The first time was the time you had a serious fell AKA "Pok Guy" during your high school year. After that fell, you w...
    你點會唔記得呀。你都有份照住我嘅!

    回覆刪除
  51. 佢一早無事啦多謝關心.你點呀好番未呀?

    回覆刪除
  52. Jojit Au Yeung上午8:00

    JO :

    佢一早無事啦多謝關心.你點呀好番未呀?


    好番好多。不過仲好攰。多謝!

    回覆刪除