2006年10月1日

Dinner at Spoon

Last night, we went to Spoon to celebrate our 5th Anniversary. I booked the table more than a week before. Therefore, they managed to save us a window seat. Eating in front of the harbour is really nice. And with the unexpected firework in 幻彩詠香江. The experience was very good.

Regarding the foods, she thought each dish can be done better. I couldn't agree more. She had a 6 course tasting menu, and I had a 8. I found the excitment was not from individual dish. It's from the combination. I don't know if it's done in purpose or not. Say we had a plate of goose liver cooked in 3 different styles. Steamed, moouse, and a paste. People would usally pan fried to get the fatty flavor out. But if they did that in this appetizer combination, I think it would ruin the overall tasting menu.

When I was eating the liver goose kind of moouse, I found a piece of plastic in it. Being in the business myself, it's obviously an accident. The cooks like to use knife to open bags. And somtimes, the plastic may get into the foods. I told the waiter just to let them know it happened. Later the assistant manager came to me and apologized. She said it never happened to them, which I'd be really surprised. And then she bought my dinner! Actually, I felt a bit uncomfortable for that, as I think it's no big deal. But I guess it's because they consider themselves 3 star Michelin, it is not acceptable.

We ended up paying $1,500 for the meal. The full price should be $2,500. What a saving. Ha! But even without the discount, it's still a very pleasant anniversary dinner.

~ Lindberg


沒有留言:

張貼留言